Monday, June 25, 2012



Who Am I? : Family Roots: Tracing Your Roots (Part 2)

Halloo! I’m back! Let’s go to the next topic which is Tracing Your Roots (Part 2)! I will show you the steps on how to trace your roots later after the topic. Okay let’s start…


There are plenty of ways to trace your roots. One of the ways to trace 
your roots is by making a “family roots” and ask your grandparents or parents the characteristics of each family clan. You can see whose clan you inherited your physical appearance, characteristics, personalities, and even mannerisms! You will also be able to answer the person who asks you “Who do you look like? Your dad or your mom?” Being able to know how much genes you got from your dad and your mom will make you look smart when you answer specifically like “I got 45% of Dad’s genes and 65% of Mom’s.”


My Mom got the mannerism of rubbing her feet when she’s texting, typing, writing and thinking. She got it from the Nunez side which is her mother’s side. Dad got the mannerism of rubbing his lips together before he talks or when his thinking of something to say.





We will use the “6 Steps of Scientific Method” to point out where your physical appearance and personalities really lies.




  1.       State the problem – whose side I am more, father or mother?
  2.      Gathering Information- Sketch your family tree/roots to find the last names of your great grandparents. (post link to picture)
  3.                 Hypothesis-How will I find my roots? What are the characteristics of my clans? (post link to article)
  4.      Experiment/Test the Hypothesis- I’ll lay out the characteristics in each clan to find out which clan are the characteristics that I got.
  5.       Record and Analyze- Check and cross the characteristics that you got from each clan.

  1. Formula:
         (total of characteristics of each clan) /45(overall total (Dad + Mom side) x 100 
    

j     6.      State the Conclusion- So what is the percentage of the genes that I got on both sides? I am…..



This is me…So I am more of Mommy huh?


Waaiiittt! This is not the end yet! This is just the end of the unit… Join me in the next unit titled “The Beginning and The Past”

Here’s a sneak peek of the unit title page…










No comments:

Post a Comment